Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walls are tilting after meshing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pta_simon
396 Views, 5 Replies

Walls are tilting after meshing

I am having a problem with the walls around a lift core of an RC building I am modelling.

I have built the core walls up and checked that they line up correctly and have then proceeded to mesh my building. The problem I have encountered is that the walls around my lift core are then being tilted after this process. It seems as if Robot is altering the geometry of the core walls. Please see attachment for screenshots of my problem.

Why is the geometry being affected and causing the walls to tilt after I mesh the structure?

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Could you attach the model please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I think that the situation is just the opposite. The geometry of the panels is inaccurate but the meshes try to adopt to the neighbouring ones so that the mesh is coherent.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

Is there a way of stopping the meshing programme from moving panels to 'fix' itself? I would rather the programme highlighted areas where there is a problem rather than adjusting co-ordinates which, based on this model, is creating problems but hiding them.

Screenprint of the meshing options is attached for reference.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6

Meshing do not change definitions of panels' geometry. The verification run after model generation indicates where you have the problems with meshing. The range of mesh adjustment to inaccurate geometry is governed by the tolerance of the model generation.

I would suggest that when you know that you have a model that has been incorrectly defined you first correct the geometry of the model either by the detailed correct option or by one of the macros available from the forum and then you mesh it. For the locations you have still issues you then focus on one by one e.g. manually correcting either panels or just position of generated nodes of the meshes.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums