Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varying Subgrade Modulus for Varying Base Slab Widths

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jclcereno
477 Views, 3 Replies

Varying Subgrade Modulus for Varying Base Slab Widths

We are currently using RSAP for modelling underground Structures for a metro project in the middle east:

See Image below for example of what we are doing:

RSAP Quiries.png

As you can see, we have stations that varies from section to section.

We are having difficulty with knowing what is the best soil spring to be applied since we have varying support widths.

My question is, does robot have a function where we can encode multiple types of soil supports for a single thickness on a single robot model??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If I understand you correctly the solution would be to define separate panels for the areas where you have different values of KZ and assign corresponding thickness labels to them. Otherwise you can define elastic nodal supports with different KZ values but IMHO that would be not  that easy as you would have to freeze meshes and consider the tributary area for each of the nodes.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

@Artur.Kosakowski wrote:

If I understand you correctly the solution would be to define separate panels for the areas where you have different values of KZ and assign corresponding thickness labels to them. Otherwise you can define elastic nodal supports with different KZ values but IMHO that would be not  that easy as you would have to freeze meshes and consider the tributary area for each of the nodes.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Yes. that is the work around that we are doing. which makes us use two models running at the same time with different soil modulus on it. then compare it manually side by side for force extraction used for design.

I was hoping that there is an option within robot so that we can just envelope the load cases to have a unified result for easier force extraction. 😞

Message 4 of 4

I'm not sure if I understand all this situation correctly but if the only change is the KZ parameters assigned to the panel thickness label then you can use the phased structures option and get the access to both set of results in a single file. Mind to freeze the meshes before creating the phases.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report