Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable beam width

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pnacht
1741 Views, 4 Replies

Variable beam width

How can one create variable beams? I know you can define the beam as tapered, but that only allows for variable total height, but with no option for other variable dimensions (web or flange width, flange depth, etc). Is the user forced to create an "average" section in that region?

If it is possible to create generically variable beams, are they accessible via API? At least for properties (area, centroid, inertia, etc)?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafacascudo
in reply to: pnacht

Pedro ,

not very true.

At least for steel sections ,On tapered tab , any variation is possible ,even for the web and flange thicknesses!!

Rafael

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pnacht
in reply to: Rafacascudo

But for concrete beams at least, all I get is this:

4-12-2014 10-21-50 AM.jpg

There is the h2, but no other choices. It is worth mentioning I am using RSA2013, so I don't know if 2014 (or 2015) have expanded this option.

Message 4 of 5
pnacht

That being said, I guess the user could use the steel profile creator to create a tapered section and then, under materials, change it to a concrete beam. That is really cheating, though!

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

The RC section definition is limited to the cross sections supported in either RC Member Required Reinforcement or RC Design modules of Robot but as already suggested for static calculations you can either use one of the predefined  'steel' cross sections or create a new one using the Section builder module and then change its material.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report