Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18
Jesper.Jensen
1607 Views, 17 Replies

Using Phases

Hi,

I've been spending a fair amount of time now trying to make a number of phases work. Basically I had a base model with loads defined that I want to use (to save me from re-defining all loads). I've defined four phases, the only thing varying is the support conditions.

When I analyse the model I have Load cases 1-100, 2001-2100, 3001-3100, and 4001-4100 as expected. I can display the loads for each individual phase, it is displayed just like I defined it in my base model. When I use results/maps to view the results, I get zero effects for all phases.

Any idea what has gone wrong? My model is too large to be uploaded.

Thanks,

Jesper

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Use wetransfer.com of filemail.com to send us file.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 18

What email address should I use?

Message 4 of 18

Your email.

Then paste the link to forum post or send it to me by Private Message.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 18

Thanks, I didn't know about that service. Please use the link below.

https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=WVLIWOSHHUDCEEL

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 6 of 18

First remark: panels should meshed and panels should be frozen before starting to create phases.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 18
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Try this:

- select each phase, in each of them please freeze panel

- calculate model

- collect phases

phase.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 18

So in terms of defining the phases right I really need to delete the phases I have now as the elements are not the same due to the panel not being frozen. I suggest this note is added to the "Phase structures" topic in the help menu as it's quite important.

Also, once the phases are all defined is it possible to set up a load combination that looks like this:

LC1 = 3001 + 4002 + 4003 + 4004 + ... and so on where results from a number of phases are combined in the final phase?

Thanks,

Jesper 

Message 9 of 18

So in terms of defining the phases right I really need to delete the phases I have now as the elements are not the same due to the panel not being frozen.

Yes.

I suggest this note is added to the "Phase structures" topic in the help menu as it's quite important.

It is about bars there, so...

Also, once the phases are all defined is it possible to set up a load combination that looks like this:

LC1 = 3001 + 4002 + 4003 + 4004 + ... and so on where results from a number of phases are combined in the final phase?

Collect Phases after calculations then create combinations.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 18
revzmoon

I am a starter, and I need to use phase function.

Please tell me how can add/ remove elements in a case

When I read help file about phase, it is very simple so I can not understand. If you have more detail manual about it, please help me.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 18
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: revzmoon

Please tell me how can add/ remove elements in a case.

It is recommended to start from complete model then create phases on selections.

I am attaching old examples.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 18
revzmoon

To: Rafal Gaweda

Thank you for your help, now I can understand the process.

Please help me one more thing:

+ When I create phases, if I make a mistake in the selection elements, how can I correct? (How can I remove some elements from a phases, how can I add some elements to an existing phase)

Thank you.

Message 13 of 18
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: revzmoon

+ When I create phases, if I make a mistake in the selection elements, how can I correct?

I recommend to start from scratch (from whole model) defning phases

How can I remove some elements from a phases, how can I add some elements to an existing phase

Activate phase and then ...

(Keep in mind that if element shlould be defined in morer than one phase it should have the same number in all phases)

phactiv.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 18
t.sautierr

An then ... "delete" as I understand in the discussion further?
Message 15 of 18
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: t.sautierr

An then ... "delete" as I understand in the discussion further?
Perfect understanding 🙂

Rafal Gaweda
Message 16 of 18
t.sautierr

Then I'll add to the wish list to have a table of component selected for each phase, is it already in it?
Message 17 of 18

Hi

I'm trying to get to grips with the phases tutorial example for a bridge in the hope of applying to my particular situation.

I am still learning ROBOT but when I run instruction 19 all results are zero and the maps output in instruction 22 shows no output.

I run ROBOT 2014 rather than Millennium, does this effect it?

My situation is a column with loads and support conditions varying through the construction phase.

Tags (1)
Message 18 of 18

File please.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report