Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update existing Robot model from Revit????

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
simon.roberts1234
780 Views, 6 Replies

Update existing Robot model from Revit????

Hi all

Anybody know how to update a exisitng Robot model using an Updated Revit model?

I have updated component in Revit and want to transfer them to the existing Robot model. When I click send it overides the robot model and we lose all the loads we have put in.

The getting started guides only tell you how to export a model to Robot and how to update your Revit model.

many thanks

Simon Roberts

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

The update of the model in Robot is done when you send the model from Revit too.

Reading your description I assume that you made changes in both Robot and Revit at the same time (sort of Revit model > send to Robot > e.g change of sections in Revit and definition of loads in Robot > send model from Revit to Robot again) rather than in sequences (Revit model > send to Robot > definition of loads in Robot > update model in Revit > change of sections in Revit > send model from Revit to Robot again). The link supports the update only if you use the second way of working and in such case all loads defined in Robot should be there after update from Revit.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Hi
I think that it is not possible. In my experience the link is bidirectional only if you bring back and forth the whole model. You have to freeze the meshes update the Revit model apply the changes an send again the wole model to robot.
This is the workflow we are using to mantain the two model linked.
If someone Know a better approach please le me know a
Message 4 of 7

FAO Artur

Thanks for your reply. What if I have made changes to the Revit model but then want to transfer the changes to the Robot model without overriding the Robot data?

regards

Simon Roberts

Message 5 of 7

Thats deffinately a good way to do it.

regards

Simon
Message 6 of 7

The key is to make the changes in the time sequence. After making the changes in Robot you update the model in Revit. Then you make the changes in Revit (on the model updated from Robot) and send it again to Robot. Following these steps you should have all the previous changes done in Robot still in the model that you just sent to Robot. This is basically the way of working described by Gabrielle (thank you for your contribution).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Thanks, it sounds a bit more clear to me now.

Thanks for your help

Simon Roberts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report