Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US steel profiles with metric "names"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
841 Views, 3 Replies

US steel profiles with metric "names"

Dear support, down here in Brazil, the standard steel profile is the same of US. The difference is that, instead of calling the profile W12x35, we use W310x52, for example. I do all the calculations in SI, all the drawings are in SI but only the names of the profiles are in US. I use tha AISC 13.2 as database. Is there another database with the same profiles with the names in SI, or do I need to create another one, or there is a easier way? Thanks Gustavo
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Considering the fact that you use these sections in your daily work I would create a copy of the US section database, change its name (both the database name and the file  itself) and then using Robot section database browser I would rename the sections but you can change the name of a section label as well as shown on the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Soo there is no chance of having a Metric Database for any Steel Profiles other than making this?

Message 4 of 4
Rafacascudo
in reply to: jclcereno

Don´t need to do that.

Just use the canadian profiles database(CISC) . It´s on metric units and profiles have the same brazilian nomenclature!!!

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report