Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Wood Design Code

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bjur
552 Views, 2 Replies

US Wood Design Code

It is possible to indicate when Robot will have US wood design (NDS 2008 or 2012) included as one of the wood code options.  I realize this may be under NDA so I'm not asking for someone to break any rules...don't do it.  US wood design would be really handy for me in Robot.  I know there are work arounds when certain codes aren't supported, and I can export the results to a spreadsheet to check the wood member design...but that's a pain.  I know the NDS (US wood code) is complicated.  Especially if you plan to offer both LRFD and ASD design options.  That said,it would be really handy if Robot would handle wood member design along with wood shearwall design.    We have been dealing with very large projects, that use wood, steel, concrete and masonary all in the same project.   Robot while it can model all of those materials, only had design moduals for two of them for US customers.  Just curious as I'm really liking Robot and would like to make the transition to using it for all of my projects, no mater what the materials use are.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bjur

I have added the US timber code to the wish list for the next versions of Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Happy to hear that,

hope that you will include the Canadian code also which are near in their philosophy to the Eurocodes but near to the american one in their forms. we also waiting for a revision in the way RSA are treating the RC shear wall wich is not provided for RC Canandian concrete code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report