Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type 4 instability

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tony.ridley
281 Views, 2 Replies

Type 4 instability

Hi guys,

Capture.JPG

My colleague received a type 4 instability.  I've never seen this.  What does it mean. 

I've emailed the file to Rafal and Artur.  It's a 2013 file, service pack 4.

Cheers,

Tony

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Tony,

• type N>3 – reported only by multi-threaded solver, it corresponds to zeros on the diagonal of stiffness matrix, the number of zeros is equal to N-3. This type of instability was reported up to 2013 release. Starting from 2014 release the multi-threaded solver reports instabilities as other solvers.

To have more exact detection of the instability location switch to another solver e.g. set Automatic. At this moment I'm not able to investigate why the instability is reported. Please let me know if such help is needed - if yes, I'll try to have a look at your model next week. Is it OK?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

thanks, no need to follow up

Tony

This email and all attachments are confidential. For further important information about emails sent to or from GHD or if you have received this email in error, please refer to http://www.ghd.com/emaildisclaimer.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report