Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truss Members

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
B.Pascall
1148 Views, 5 Replies

Truss Members

Hi,

I am currently trying to run the analysis on a structure however the brace/truss members I placed in the roof pose an error as shown in the attached PDF file (truss members) as well as some instability errors type 2.

The braces in the roof are all truss members (only axial forces act) and also removed them from the cladding load distribution but when I run the calculation the error message appears with instruction (as the PDF). I switched on the forces in the Fx direction as the instruction but the error still comes up when I run the calculation. 

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Brent

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: B.Pascall

Aren't they joists ?

Just in case file please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
B.Pascall
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Yes they are joists, P 2.5 to be exact. 

I tried to attach the actual file but I get a error message saying the file extension is not a valid extension to attach.

First time uploading to the autodesk forums so im in unfamiliar grounds for the moment.

Regards

Brent

Message 4 of 6
B.Pascall

My correction, I wont really consider the member/s to be joists but really pipes which acts as a tie only in axial loading.

Message 5 of 6
B.Pascall

Find attached the file as requested.

http://www.filemail.com/t/5emdr5wv2dbdhfh

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: B.Pascall

1. Use Full code combinations instead

2. Instabilities are caused by split truss bars : 144 145 152 153 . Either you define them as a one bar (each ;  without intermediate node) or delete truss bar property from them and apply correct releases

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report