Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total self weight Reaction Pb

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
faisal.aaouatif
995 Views, 7 Replies

Total self weight Reaction Pb

I ve modeled a building by using concrete one directionnal panels ( named 16+4 , 20+5 and 25+5 on the panel table ).

these panels are entered with an equivalent self weight as they where a plain concrete panels.

In the firt method , the model calculation of these panels is :

1. Finite element type : shell

2.stiffening diaphragm : flexible

3.Transfer of loads : one way. (simplified )

In the second method , the model calculation of these panels is :

1. Finite element type : shell

2.stiffening diaphragm : flexible

3.Transfer of loads : Analytical ( finite element ).

when analysing the reaction table , ive found that there is a big difference between of total selfweight of the building

(model 2 = 2624.75 t ; model 1 = 2343.37 t).

Please indicate how can i send you these two models for verification.

Urgent please

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Please check first if the total sum of loads is equal to the total sum of reactions. You can see these values in the reaction table. This is to check if all loads are correctly applied. If yes, then I suggest that you leave only the top floor deleting all others and apply fixed supports at its bottom for both models. Then calculate both models and compare results. Do the same for each of the floor till the moment you find the one that causes difference. Then you can investigate much smaller model which makes fiding the exact cause of the difference much simpler.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Ive checked Ground and 1st floor and i think the problem will be the same for other floors :

For the 1st floor for ex (see model attached) :

1 Calculation 1 : Panels (16+4 and 20+5 ) are not meshed and tansfer of loads is one way ( simplified ).

2.Calculation 2 : Panels (16+4 and 20+5 ) are meshed and tansfer of loads is one way ( simplified ).

3.Calculation 3 : Panels (16+4 and 20+5 ) are meshed and tansfer of loads is analytical ( FE ).

I have found almost the same results ( total reactions ) between calc 1 & 2 , but results are very different with calc 3.

Dont understand why ...

Please , find attached the model (saved without results) , and results analysis.

thank you

Message 4 of 8

Is there any particular reason why for half of the slab you decided on FE distribution and used the triangular and trapezoidal one for the rest of it?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

Yes :

All slabs 16+4 , 20+5 and 25+5 are precast and transfer loads only on one direction , other slabs are plain concrete one are FE distributed.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8

The problem is with the triangular and trapezoidal load distributions for panels that have common edges with panels with FE load distribution. This is what we will be investigating and for now I would propose two solutions to decide on:

1. Use the bi-directional distribution method instead of FE one. In other words replace:

a1.png

with

a2.png

or model precast panels with the orthotropic thickness

A3.png

and use FE load distribution for all panels.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8

Thank you Artur ,

Im going to investigate the second method, but i have already modified the hole model by connection only needed slabs edges with support does need transfer of loads.

Thank you VM

Message 8 of 8

Problem resolved ?

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report