Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total amount of rebar in the projecto

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
643 Views, 11 Replies

Total amount of rebar in the projecto

I would like to know if it is possible to get a report with the total amount of rebar in a project.

I tried to use Quantity Survey or Cost Estimation tables, as I do for steel, but there are no summary results with rebars.

I hope that there is a better way than sum up manually the results from the drawings or from the Note's tab!

Thanks

Gustavo

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

You could export to Revit and use schedule, not sure how if you don't have revit. 

Tony

Message 3 of 12

No, there is no such functionality in the current version of Robot. This is what  (along with other features) the export to ASD Reinforcement is intended for.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 12

Dear Artur,

the problem with this option is that when we transfer from Robot to ASD, it doesn't transfer for just one page.

It goes to many diferent ASD page and then we have to do the summary per page and then sum up "manually" everything.

Am I right or I am doing something wrong?

Gustavo

Message 5 of 12

Thank you Tony,

I will try this option, I didn't try this before because when I export the rebar it stays "outside" the beam. 

See the picture bellow

Beam2.PNG

In this simple example, I model in Revit 2013, send to Robot 2013, calculate the rebar in Robot, and then update from Revit.

Artur and Tony, any suggestion how to fix the issue???!!

Thanks

Message 6 of 12

Correct  unless you use Results > Structural Detailing option.

I think that this issue has already been discussed in details here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Export-to-ASD-Reinforcement/td-p/3251346/pag...

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 12

Artur,

we had discussed this issue and we asked to create a wish list including the option of exporting the elements to just one page, as requested by Dieter.

We cannot use the option Results> Structural Detailing to export many elements, because it takes a lot of time "arranging elements on the page", even using core i7 with 16MB of memory.

Maybe Tony suggestion is the best, but how can I fix the problem of the calculate rebar being outside the element in Revti?

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 8 of 12

Gustavo,

Yes, we are aware of these limitations and they are under investigation.

Tony,

Could you send me the Robot file you used for export to Revit please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 12

Sorry which file???

Message 10 of 12

Tony,

I'm sorry this was intended for Gustavo as well.

Gustavo,

Could you send me the rtd file please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 12

Artur,

I am sending attached ther rebar data base (I had to change to meet requirements) and the Robot file.

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 12 of 12

Gustavo,

In this simple example, I model in Revit 2013,

Please try in the first step (in Revit)  model two span beams as a single elements rather than two separate beams.

send to Robot 2013, calculate the rebar in Robot, and then update Revit from Robot.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums