Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torsional buckling and Flexural-torsional buckling

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
aruser
1360 Views, 11 Replies

Torsional buckling and Flexural-torsional buckling

Hi all,

Does the software make good calculations for this two bucklings with user sections?

In case YES, does it depend on the kind of section? Both thin and solid?

I'm reviewing some calculations but doesn´t match with the ones I've done manually. In fact, in the robot detailed results I can not find all the parameters needed to get the Ncr,T (EN313 (6.2.3) such as the warping constant Iw and the io, so I don't really know which parameters Robot is taking into account.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: aruser

the warping constant Iw
Appendix C
Iw2.PNG
and the io
Formula (6.33b)

io.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 12
aruser
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Yes....

but, where can I check the the final value Iw and io robots takes into account??

These are crtical values in the formulas, should be appear in the detailed report.

Message 4 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

Iw is available.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 12
aruser

I don't have that parameter in my detailed report.

I get this messsage when run member verificacion calculations:

For bars  6269   the program has not performed the lateral buckling verification. Bars were assigned such section types for which the program does not perform the lateral buckling analysis or the lateral buckling verification is not required (for example My = 0.0 - no bending).

It is an user section.

Message 6 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

What was the way you created this section?

Have you read http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/How-to-create-thin-walled-sections/td-p/3107... ?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 12
aruser

I created it drawing the shape directly in the section definition window as a thin walled section.

My shape is not similar to any of the ones already created in the cataloges.

Message 8 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

Then you have not been able to assign the 'correct' (thin walled) section type to it which influences the verification process. I would recommend that you follow the description I provided in the 'thin walled' topic on the forum and replace the properties of the best matched section form one if the section databases with the ones you calculated for the one you created.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 12
aruser

Our company's product range is over 100 sections (ten geometries x ten thicknes, at least..).

I can not do this as a global solution, I can not do this to include in a technical report for endorse a project.

Hope Robot developers are working hard with this issue that is requierd for lots of users.

Regards.

Message 10 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

Am I correct to assume that you mean code checking of thin walled profiles of arbitrary shapes?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 12
aruser

Yes, you are right.

Message 12 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

Added to the wish list.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report