Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Issue, Footing group calculation.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TARIKDOUBLANI2731
458 Views, 3 Replies

Technical Issue, Footing group calculation.

Hello,

Till 2009, Robot offered the possibility to define, for footing calculations, soil parameters for a group of footings, it was usefull when the building is big with a lot of footings.

But since 2010 this possibility was no longer available for RSA, now you need to struggle putting for every single footing the soil parameters and thus the type of footing (we are in seismic area and need to use trapeze footing).

My questions are:

- Is there any possibility to define soil parameters for all the footings for a building, naturally they all have the same soil (exept some very rare cases)!

- is the any possibility to define for all the footings the type of footing to use befor launching the calculations, now we have to do it for every single footing and it's time consuming and very boring!

Many thank for your support!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

My questions are:

- Is there any possibility to define soil parameters for all the footings for a building, naturally they all have the same soil (exept some very rare cases)!

At this moment all I can say is that this is not possible in the current version of Robot Smiley Happy

- is the any possibility to define for all the footings the type of footing to use befor launching the calculations, now we have to do it for every single footing and it's time consuming and very boring!

I have added this request to the wish list for the next versions of Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Robot 2015

soil definition to all foundations.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 4

Dear Artur,

That's exactly what we need, many thanks.

Waiting for the other part of the issue related to create directly trapezoidal footing in the feometry screen, or chose the type in the same manner than soil type or other specifications...

Kind regards,

Tarik.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report