Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design reinforcement for RC T slab (T beam) in Robot?

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Casparov
19439 Views, 25 Replies

How to design reinforcement for RC T slab (T beam) in Robot?

Hi

I'd like to compose a concrete slab with beams underneath: the beams are spanning between columns, and should work together with the slab.

What's the best way to implement this in Robot?

At the moment, I've defined a slab (let's say 250mm high), and beams (also 250mm high) with an offset so they "touch" the bottom of the slab with their upper part. The total build up will be 500mm. Is this correct, or is there a different method to define a slab with beams at predefined locations?

Thanks!

Artur Kosakowski edited the topic for better findability and marked posts as the solution. If it did not work as an answer, please post your reply in this thread so that I can unmark the solution. Artur Kosakowski

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

With Robot 2016 coming out soon, did Autodesk account for the monolithic deign of T-beam and slab?

Message 22 of 26
kevokim
in reply to: Romanich

If only we could get this in English.

Message 23 of 26

Hi @Μηχανικος

You may want to check the tool @Romanich has generously created for us:

(API) Macro: Creation of quasi T & L RC beams

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 24 of 26
kthurman
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I applied this method using @Romanich API am a little skeptical that the RC beam is picking up the correct loading from the slab. My beams are modeled in the same plane as the slab and a uniform planar load of 100psf live load is applied to the slab. Doing a quick hand calc shows that the RC beam is not picking up as much of the live load as I would expect it to. Is a surface uniform planar load the correct type to be using?

Thanks,

Message 25 of 26
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: kthurman

Hi @kthurman

Have you included the fact that the slab takes part of the load too? In other words you should not calculate tributary area load on a beam and then calculate bending moment as for a beam acting alone.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 26 of 26

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/robot-structural-analysis-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHe...

@Artur.Kosakowski 

Does the above guidance on T-beams mean that some new calculation feature was implemented in 2021, to improve the T-beam design process in Robot?

[crossing fingers in hope]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report