Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure size. Maximum nº of bars. Refreshing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aruser
272 Views, 4 Replies

Structure size. Maximum nº of bars. Refreshing

Hi,

The structures I have to deal with are very big in terms of nº of nodes and bars. (for example right now I'm fighting with one of 24000 bars).

I find lots of problems in selecting, refreshing and so on...and finally I surrend and have no other option that splice the strucure and analize in separed parts.

I have powerfull computer (in my opinion) Windows7Professional 64bits, Core i7, 8Gb RAM, NvidiaQuadro 4000 (2Gb dedicated memory),

Does anybody else experience this issue?

Any tip?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: aruser

This is not very big model.

Try:
Update graphics card driver
Change display acceleration in Robot

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5
aruser
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I've updated graphics card drivers and changed to display acceleration to FULL (3/3), restart the computer, and when open the file there is a visualization problem as I can not see the structure. Only visualizes some untidy bars.

I tried to reduce de display acceleration 1 step below (2/3), and same issue. Only works as default (1/3).

Am I doing something wrong? That means that my grapich card is not compatible with full display acceleration?

I really need to work with this size of structures. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
aruser
in reply to: aruser

Hello,
OPEN GL Display Acceleration still doesn't work even in Robot 2015.
I got the lates driver for my graphic card. N-vidia quadro 4000.

Could you plese help me? I really need to be able to work with big 3D models.
Does it depends on the screen resolution?
Plese advise.
Thanks
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I've just finished a project with 86000 bars, 87000 nodes and 1800 panels. My workstation is a Dell precision 7500 with win7 64, nvidia quadro 1800, xeon e5620, 22 Gb of ram and ssd hard drive.

As you can see my workstation is not top machine, but medium one.

Well, to manage this model I've disabled everything, each modification in model geometry I made by tables or using the "save in a substructure" and "update by substructure". I've used this trick also to investigate partial part of structure and to better understand the quality of the whole model.

To check quickly all the bars, you can create some groups of bars and run contemporary the code checking. So you can divide the time for code checking.

One more suggestion, when your file became big, open it in repair mode and go on. This speed you up.

Greetings and good luck

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report