Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretching panels

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
zenith_luton
920 Views, 7 Replies

Stretching panels

Is is possible to stretch multiple panels, the only way I have found it to do individually via selecting the panel then right click 'object properties' 'polyline - contour - geometry'

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafacascudo
in reply to: zenith_luton

At the same time ,I don´t know.MAybe with some addin.

But you can stretch a panel without inputting numbers. Just select  a panel edge by clicking on it and then click it again ,and then you can drag this edge to wherever you want.

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

stretch.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi,

I have a problem to understand the solution. How does the program know which sides of the selected panels to be stretched to the specified line (coordinates 0,0,7 and 12,0,7) since the whole panels were selected rather than the side of the panels?

If the destination has been defined (the line 0,0,7 and 12,0,7) why is the "Precision" of 2.2m still needed? 

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Another way (example of drag and drop )

(slide 19 of Webinar 6 ; recording will be available soon)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 8
chrismcc
in reply to: zenith_luton

Another possibility. If you have several panels say in the XY plane and they all have a common X coordinate - put a grid line through this coordinate. Right click the grid line label and select object properties. Move the grid line. Anything on the grid line will be moved. This works for lines of columns when the grid changes, or floor levels.
Message 7 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a problem to understand the solution. How does the program know which sides of the selected panels to be stretched to the specified line (coordinates 0,0,7 and 12,0,7) since the whole panels were selected rather than the side of the panels?

If the destination has been defined (the line 0,0,7 and 12,0,7) why is the "Precision" of 2.2m still needed? 

The program looks for these being closer than the specified precision and this is why it is needed. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you so much Rafal & Arthur.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report