Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Skin Design

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
skilak
2676 Views, 5 Replies

Stress Skin Design

Hi there,

I am designing currently en enclosure (a box) implementing the Stress Skin Design. I have steel beams on the the roof supported by columns - top flanges all at the same level and 8mm aluminium plates bolted to it along every panel (panels are formed by roof beams) perimeter. Is there any method or option of how to offset the shell ?, it seems I cannot find it. I know I can offset the bars but offsetting the shell/panel would be much easier. Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Best regards,

Tomasz

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tony.ridley
in reply to: skilak

not possible. you could use compatible nodes or rigid links perhaps.
Message 3 of 6
skilak
in reply to: tony.ridley

Hi,

I though aboutt rigid links but if you mesh a panel then, for example, you will have 300 nodes for rigid links;) I am playing now with steelwork offsets to get expected results.
Please, could you explain "compatible nodes" ?

Cheers
Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

Use rigid links. 

Compatible nodes : check help

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

I though aboutt rigid links but if you mesh a panel then, for example, you will have 300 nodes for rigid links;) I am playing now with steelwork offsets to get expected results.

If you mesh panels in the same way in some situations it may be easier than you think it is Smiley Wink

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6
skilak
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

That one is brilliant;) cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report