Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis - structure: Section scale factor ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stanimirus
915 Views, 3 Replies

Stress Analysis - structure: Section scale factor ?

Dear Developers at Autodesk,

I would like to address an issue, that has been bothering me since long ago (I can remember as far as v17.5, long before Autodesk bought ROBOT). It is no more an issue than it is a question: "Why the cross-section geometry is scaled up when displaying stress maps in 3D view?". I can think of one reason - more detailed representation. However for 8 years I haven't found an option to set the scale factor to 1.0 when displaying stresses in 3D.

Have I been missing something all this time, or if not will this be conesidered as an supplement to future releases ?

Best regards,

S. Ivanov.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: stanimirus

I haven't found an option to set the scale factor to 1.0 when displaying stresses in 3D.

Do you mean this?

sterss3d.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

or you mean this:

"NoteThe default size of member sections in stress maps is greater than the actual size so that the stress maps are more readable. To obtain real proportions between the member length and dimensions of the member cross-section, press Home on the keyboard. You can modify these proportions using the PgUp and PgDn keys."

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesROBOT/GUID-42E17839-B723-4309-8A92-36F3033...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 4
stanimirus
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I sincerely thank you for opening my eyes. I can swear I've read the old documentation many times, but until now I was unaware of this Note. Problem solved !

Again, many thanks for pointing me to the right location,

S. Ivanov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report