Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange results in moment strip

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
MUHANNAD.ABU_ABDO
4800 Views, 14 Replies

Strange results in moment strip

results.jpg

Hello to everybody ... This is the results for the same raft .. By using robot&safe .. but the problem is the results is too strange and not close .. where's the problem ??

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Structural Design Engineer
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Make sure you display the same results (load case selection, direction of bending - Mxx or Myy with respect to the direction on which you project the results).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 15

Yes i'm sure about that >>.. if you want i will send you robot file to check the results 

By the way . punching shear results the same in both of them 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 4 of 15

Attach the model and indicate which load case or combination to look at.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 15

Check out factored load .. 
here is file http://www.filemail.com/d/bhxbfqpsjtyglbx

Thanks in advance 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 6 of 15

Delete all linear supports defined for all edges of the panel in Robot. I think that you should multiply values by the width of the strip (I'm not sure how Safe calculates these values) as in Robot you have them by a unit width.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 15

Okay after this the values is correct ? if you correct the file send me plz 

did you mean in robot i should Multiply the values of moment strip by unit width or what ?

Thanks in advance 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 8 of 15

If you look at the picture I attached to my previous answer you can see that I indicated how to delete the excessive supports.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 15

okay okay nevermind .. but answer me about the second question ?

many thanks sir 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 10 of 15

What is the width of the single strip in Safe?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 15

There's two options .. fixed or auto .. i choose auto 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 12 of 15

Auto is how many meters exactly?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 15

if you want i will send you safe file 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 14 of 15

I don't have Safe but my assumption is that if you use the strip approach in this program you know what are the rules that govern the strip generation. Assuming that in Safe the cut is done in the middle of the strip and it is assumed that the bending moment distribution across the strip is the same as in its middle you should multiply the values obtained in Robot by the width of the strip.

strip width.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 15

yes i think so .. this assumption more logic .. but i don't know this about robot before 

Thanks for your help .. my appreciate 

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report