Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Ronald286
395 Views, 7 Replies

Strange opening

Hello,

see attached picture. Please, give the comment.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Select the wall panel and run the local meshing. Check if you  have any surface elements generated inside the opening. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

no elements(nodes) appear in the opening after meshing. But i still have this strange view.

To solve this problem I make new polyline(not rectangular, but together with opening), delete 'paradoxical' wall, and define new one according to new polyline. So many functions in robot, but only some of them work properly.

Message 4 of 8

The shading is just the enhancement in the display of the model and it depends on the performance of the implemented grapical library rather than the analytical part of the program. If that happens you may try to delete and create the opening again.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

When I try to define the opening with this function, I always have problems. When the edge of the opening lies on the edge of the shell I ALWAYS have this problem. I can define this opening with this function thousand times, and i will have the same problem. So, this function for me and my collegues is absolutely unuseful. Hope other users use this function successfully.

Message 6 of 8

Thank you for providing this information. We will investigate this situation.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8

Ronald,

you are right, small display issue

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 8

Should be OK for Robot 2015.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report