Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Punching Shear Values

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stroxy
1933 Views, 4 Replies

Strange Punching Shear Values

I have a model of a building founded on a piled raft.  Checking for punching shear I notice the following

1. unusually high Q readings in about 3 Nodes
  2. only shear from above (loads) is recognized and not from below (support reactions)

Meshing looks OK to me, however I have attached some screen shots showing 

1. a couple of the abnormal readings
  2. a couple of normal readings (range I expect to see)
  3. the meshed panel

What could I be doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: stroxy

Could you send us the model please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

• unusually high Q readings in about 3 Nodes

This is caused by wrong detection of the punching area shape (u) for these locations. We will investigate why this happened.

The solution I can propose is to manually create the verification point with the appropriate value of the punching force. On the attached pictures I tried to illustrate the steps for S20.

• only shear from above (loads) is recognized and not from below (support reactions)

This is caused by the fact that you defined supports at the top nodes of the piles which prevent correct reading of data from the piles (bars). Remove them (see the picture taken from the model in which I deleted top supports at selected 3 piles).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5
stroxy
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Artur, I will try your proposed solutions and let you know.

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

• unusually high Q readings in about 3 Nodes

This is caused by wrong detection of the punching area shape (u) for these locations. We will investigate why this happened.

Corrected in SP1 for v.2013

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums