Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Steel connection design

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jabre
1994 Views, 7 Replies

*Steel connection design

Hi

When designing and calcualtiong connections in Robot is there a way to make them visible in 3D struture view?

And when transferring model back to revit it does not show me the connections, which were made in robot, either even though  I choose the option to tranfer the steel connections in revit extension manager tab.

Has anyone got similar issues with the connections or can give me some advice?

Thanks

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: jabre

Jabre,

When designing and calcualtiong connections in Robot is there a way to make them visible in 3D struture view?

You can see their locations but their 3D views are available only inside the steel connection module.

And when transferring model back to revit it does not show me the connections, which were made in robot, either even though  I choose the option to tranfer the steel connections in revit extension manager tab.

Has anyone got similar issues with the connections or can give me some advice?

You can import only these connection types which are available in Revit Extensions. Mind that you can also send Robot model with defined connections to ASD Steel.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
jabre
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Is there some other steel connection type in revit extensions other than beam to column with an end plate and column base?

When I tried to send the project to ASD, it could not recogize section types that I defined myself e.g rectangular steel section, any advice on this? Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Is there some other steel connection type in revit extensions other than beam to column with an end plate and column base?

Currently there are only these two available.

When I tried to send the project to ASD, it could not recogize section types that I defined myself e.g rectangular steel section, any advice on this? Thanks

Please save the sections created in Robot in the user section database (mind to set the appropriate section type if you create a new section in e.g. Section Builder module of Robot - see the documents I attached inside http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/How-to-create-thin-walled-sections/td-p/3107...). ASD and Robot share section databases so that they will be recognized.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
jabre

Still, using ASD i was able to transfer only beam to beam and column base connections but no weldings or other types. Is there necessary to install some extensions for ASD to see them?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Jabre,

I'm not sure in which program you actually created connections and to which program you tried to export them. Is it from Robot to ASD?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
jabre

Connections are made in Robot and I tried to transfer the file to ASD as you suggested but when I do that, in ASD it still shows me only these two type of connection (beam-beam w. bolts and column base). all other connections cannot be seen in ASD, any ideas why is that?

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

You should be able to transfer these types of connections.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report