Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18
mark.martin.se
622 Views, 17 Replies

Steel Design

Hi,

...I'm trying to design the attached steel structure ("Steel\Aluminum Design") but robot 2015 crashes at 75%. Than the "Send Report" message pops out. What could be the problem?

Regards!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
duchoabn
in reply to: mark.martin.se

Hi

I Was see your file and I try to analysis and steel design for all Combination

That is complete caculation and Result: all section not OK

Please see image below

rsa  reply steel.jpg

BEST & REGARDS

Message 3 of 18

Hi, try to open your model in repair mode, run the analysis and make the code check for bars.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 4 of 18

Hi Stefano,...

... just tried to open it in repair mode and run new calculation, but nothing happend,....it still stucks at 75%,....

Untitled.jpg

Message 5 of 18

Got it.

Checking.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 18

Ok, I've solved your Issue...

the problem was on the "Podroznica" code check rule. You have also many model Issue:

1) In modal Analysis you have converted 2 times the same loads, erase one of the wrong conversion;

2) You have assigned the modal masses to "MODAL XYZ", I suggest you to convert in dynamic masses;

3) There are many bars wrong modelled, I've modified it;

4) There are a cantilever bars, you have to create a specific rule for code checking for this.

Attached my modified model, in ARSA 2015.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 7 of 18

Problem with internal bracings in Bar Type definitiion for bars 110 and 111. In fact there are no internal bracings on these bars. Correct it or remove bars 110 and 111 from design list

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 18

Thank you Stefano and Rafal,....it works!

Regards!

Message 9 of 18
pio.miranda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi, guys.  The attached model seems to behave in a similar fashion.  Tried all suggestions, but the steel design does not even start...  We have tried various things, using the same protocol we used in the previous versions, but have not been able to determine what is it that we are doing wrong in this version.

Just in case it is important: I have simultaneous installations of ARSA 2013, 2014 and 2015.  Could it be related? Would it be better if I uninstall the previous versions (I don't really need them)?

Thanks.

-PMJ
Message 10 of 18
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: pio.miranda

Unselect this on ALL tabs:

intermedbr.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 18

Hi Pio,

the problem is in the definition of buckling parameters....I tried to check your structure removing the automatic definition of bucjling length and everything it work.

I THINK THAT IN 2015 THERE IS A BIG BUG FOR THE AUTO BUCKLING LENGTH DEFINITION. In 2014 and previous version this Issue it never happend.

If in a model you have defined the auto buckling length definition, and the bar do not have a transverse bar on its length, ARSA 2015 crash...and you have to correct the code check definition.

I hope that Adsk correct soon this issue.

greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 12 of 18
pio.miranda

Thanks, Rafal.

This works, and the process now starts.  It does not finish, though.  I took out the tension-only members that I defined in the model, and everything works smoothly.  So the question is now: how do we handle the tensión only members? I am sure this did not happen with the 360-05 steel design code.

Thanks!

-PMJ
Message 13 of 18

Grazie, Stefano.

What you mention is the reason why we did not catch it... we did it all the time in the previous version.  I appreciate your interest.  As soon as I removed all automatic buckling length determinations, the design worked.  However, we ran into trouble with the tension only members... It crashes as soon as it get to one...  I am curious as to why it it not happen in your design run...

-PMJ
Message 14 of 18
Rafal.Gaweda

Have you modified Tensor bar type in the way to remove automatic recognition of intermediate points for lateral buckling ?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 15 of 18
pio.miranda

Hi, Rafal.

Yes... At least I think I did... here's a screen shot:

Tensor parameters 1.jpg

Regards,

Pio

-PMJ
Message 16 of 18
Rafal.Gaweda

tensor.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 17 of 18
pio.miranda

Oh, ok.  Thank you.

-PMJ
Message 18 of 18

@Rafal.Gaweda wrote:
Problem with internal bracings in Bar Type definitiion for bars 110 and 111. In fact there are no internal bracings on these bars. Correct it or remove bars 110 and 111 from design list

Corrected in Robot 2015 SP2

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report