Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Design Strength in Steel Member Design SNiP 2.01.07-85 (SP 16.13330.2011)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Andrey_Golenkin
4485 Views, 4 Replies

Steel Design Strength in Steel Member Design SNiP 2.01.07-85 (SP 16.13330.2011)

Hi,

I have encountered a problem when using steel member verification according to SNiP. As it is seen from the tables, the design strength for steel has changed in new SNiP. Although, Robot does verification according to old SNiP, all verification formulas are almost the same, so the only thing I have to consider is changing the steel design strength.

Robot automaticaly changes design resistance according to profile flange thickness when verificationg a steel member. Manual change of the design strength for steel C345 from 335 to 320 MPa doesn't work in this case, because I get, for example, for the thickness of 16 mm design resistance 300 MPa.

And finally the question itself Smiley Happy: Is there any way to resolve this problem?

STEEL_GRADES_COMPARISON.jpg

Andrey Golenkin,
Structural Engineer
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I'm sorry but the information about resistance for given thickness range is hard coded inside the steel design module itself and it is not possible to overwrite this with user data. The best solution would be to implement the new steel code in Robot therefore I added such request to the wish list for new versions of Robot.

Do you know if there is any reference that provide the list of changes between the old and the new Russian steel codes?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Artur, thanks for your answer.

Yes, there is such list (see the attachment), however it doesn't provide precise formula by formula comparison.

Also I attached the document about mistypes in new SNiP. Unfortunately, both documents are in russian.

Andrey Golenkin,
Structural Engineer
Message 4 of 5

Thank you very much.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report