Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring support results

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CTuser1
1123 Views, 2 Replies

Spring support results

The attached model represents 2 beams which will be used to support a 4 wheel crane. The beams are to be placed directly onto a compacted soil foundation which I have modelled using elastic springs. For load case 1,2 and 5, the crane is lifting a load in the direction parallel to the beams which results in two wheel loads of different magnitude for each beam. For the other cases the load in perpendicular to the beams which results in two equal wheel loads for each beam (symmetrical beams).

I am getting the expected results for the perpendicular load cases, however for cases 1,2 and 5, the spring reactions are almost identical under the beams which is not expected. I would expect that the spring reactions would be greater under the side of the beam with the higher wheel loads due to the induced moment. Can you suggest a possible reason why the model is behaving this way? Is there an error with the setup perhaps?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: CTuser1

If you use the beam that is less stiff ... Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
CTuser1
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Artur makes a difference but I realised the main problem was that I had fixed rotations for the soil springs which is incorrect for the setup I have. Releasing them results in the expected results. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report