Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spiral stair slab

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
sergey.churilov
5278 Views, 35 Replies

Spiral stair slab

Hello to all,

I was wandering what is the easiest way to model spiral stair slab (or car ramp) in ARSA. (see example pic)

Can you please share your ideas?

spiral.png

Thanks.

35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36
ce_ng2012
in reply to: HoshangMustafa

Thank you very much for the video, I do every step in the video until I reach to the polyline command I pick the points using the grids on the screen (no coordinates) and there was nothing drawn by this command 

I don't really know where is the problem, if i choose contour the lines appear but i choose line or polyline there is nothing on the screen.

my best regards

Message 22 of 36
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: ce_ng2012

Have you tried reducing the graphic hardware acceleraction level?

Tools --> Preferences --> View Parameters

Reduce "Display acceleration" slider, restart Robot and then try it again.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 23 of 36
ce_ng2012
in reply to: ce_ng2012

Hi to you all

Thank you Eng. Mirko Jurcevic it works at last.

Message 24 of 36
AhmedZA
in reply to: Romanich

asd.JPG

Message 25 of 36
sergey.churilov
in reply to: AhmedZA

Hi again.

I am stuck on with stairs again.

I need suggestion how to model this type of stairs (see figure).

1.png

Message 26 of 36

I had the same problem, but with two stair runs.

Never figure out how to model it.

I aproximated it with three simple (straight) slabs.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 27 of 36

Yes, I am doing exactly the same. Two inclined straight slabs (for the staircases) and one horizontal straight slab (for the landing).
I am wondering if the modeling can be improved.
Message 28 of 36

Define panel1 . Define panel 2. Define panel 3 using corners of the previous ones as the reference points.

stairs.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 29 of 36

@sergey.churilov wrote:
Yes, I am doing exactly the same. Two inclined straight slabs (for the staircases) and one horizontal straight slab (for the landing).
I am wondering if the modeling can be improved.

stairs1.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 30 of 36

Yes Artur, the second method is what I am doing also. It is close to the problem, but there are still differences. I know that the results would not be different so much, but the 'spiral' geometry of panel 3 is what I would like to have as close as possible to the real geometry.
Message 31 of 36

Like that?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 32 of 36

Won't this example give "distorted element"?  i.e. panel 17 is not planar?

I thought you can't draw the bent panel like this and have reliable results?  

Thanks,

Tony

Message 33 of 36

No, why do you expect to have a distorted element for not  flat panel with such simple geometry? 

stairs4.png

Artur Kosakowski
Message 34 of 36

I think I solved it.

It took me more time and effort than it deserves for practical application and design, but I think this model is as close as possible to the real geometry.

Fig1.png

Fig2.png

Message 35 of 36

Hi,

I thought it is just the general rule in Robot, that plates should be planar.  

Message 36 of 36

Panels (including these which stand for plates)  can be of any shapes. My assumption is that you mean the situation when you want to use cladding load distribution type.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report