Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slenderness value in steel design

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
meenz27
913 Views, 5 Replies

Slenderness value in steel design

Hello, I'm working on roof truss design and now facing a trouble 'bout instability which is the slenderness check of steel sections. 2 attached images show my doubt about kL/r ratio which is extremely high. From images i got the values of ky, Ly and ry which are 1.0, 11.0 m. and 6.0 cm respectively. Hence ky*Ly/ry should be 183.33 isn't it?

So how can i solve it?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: meenz27

Please check if the value of axial force is not above the critical level. If this doesn't answer your question attach the file please. Thank you.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
meenz27

Thank you for reply. So, i attach the file and hope you will solve my ploblem. I found something in the verification formula when i take a manual calculation follows that formulas. Some parameters are zero which make errors in that formulas.

Pls figure out what i found.

Thank you for help.

Here is the link (Can't attach because file size is large)

http://www.mediafire.com/?g99ukd877gz6n34

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Please download and install SP4 and HF 5 for Robot 2013 from:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=13140816

Mind the select the correct files (Robot Professional vs. Standard and 32 vs. 64-bit).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
meenz27

The problem has fixed. Thanks for help.

Message 6 of 6

Hi Artur,

I'm facing the same issue now with Robot 2019. What should I do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report