Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab reinforcement

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pevelor
943 Views, 5 Replies

Slab reinforcement

Hi.

I have a plate with some depressions. I have modelled these depressions as seperate plates with the correct thickness (100mm). In these areas, I only have space for one layer of reinforcement, and I am forced to choose the option "compression/tension" to be able to use membrane reinforcement.

How will this effect my results, and is there a smarter way of analizing this?

Kind regards

Peder 

What are the differenceReinforcement type

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

For slabs you cannot use this option as it disregards bending.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Hi Artur,

Will it disregard bending for all slab types i.e. it will only work for columns/beams?

Can you please expand on that answer? For a floor plate model with shell elements and the reinforcement type is "RC floor" is it not possible to use "bending + compression/tension" as illustrated above?

Thanks in advance,

Jesper

Message 4 of 6

Jesper

Will it disregard bending for all slab types i.e. it will only work for columns/beams?

This is setting for RC panels only with such reinforcement type assigned

Can you please expand on that answer?

?????? More precise question please.

For a floor plate model with shell elements and the reinforcement type is "RC floor" is it not possible to use "bending + compression/tension" as illustrated above?

There are many predefined labels in Robot, you can not edit them. If you want to make any change - just save such label under new name and assign to object(s).

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for you reply, I'll try to be more clear in this response.

Arthur mentions above that "For slabs you cannot use this option as it disregards bending.". The option I believe he is talking about is using the option of calculating reinforcement for shells accounting for bending + compression/tension for slabs. My question is then, what type of members can it be used for then?

If I have a plate model with shell elements and the reinforcement type is "TSL", where "TSL" is a user defined reinforcement type where I have specified using "bending + compression/tension" as illustrated above, is Artur then saying that this will not work as it will disregard bending? That is how I read his reply.

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 6 of 6

Arthur mentions above that "For slabs you cannot use this option as it disregards bending.". The option I believe he is talking about is using the option of calculating reinforcement for shells accounting for bending + compression/tension for slabs. My question is then, what type of members can it be used for then?

It depens on loads \ forces in panels you want to consider in design. The choice is yours.

In general:

- slabs act mostly on bending so you should use "simple bending" ; in case you want to consider axial forces "bending + compression/tension"

- walls act mostly on compression \ tension so you should use "compression \ tension" (selecting this one is able to set one layer reinforcement in panel) but in case of bending in them use "bending + compression/tension"

etc

If I have a plate model with shell elements and the reinforcement type is "TSL", where "TSL" is a user defined reinforcement type where I have specified using "bending + compression/tension" as illustrated above, is Artur then saying that this will not work as it will disregard bending? That is how I read his reply.

"For slabs you cannot use this option as it disregards bending."  - I understand this as "bending must be \ should be used for slabs".

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report