Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab reinforcement

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pevelor
959 Views, 5 Replies

Slab reinforcement

Hi.

I have a plate with some depressions. I have modelled these depressions as seperate plates with the correct thickness (100mm). In these areas, I only have space for one layer of reinforcement, and I am forced to choose the option "compression/tension" to be able to use membrane reinforcement.

How will this effect my results, and is there a smarter way of analizing this?

Kind regards

Peder 

What are the differenceReinforcement type

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

For slabs you cannot use this option as it disregards bending.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

Will it disregard bending for all slab types i.e. it will only work for columns/beams?

Can you please expand on that answer? For a floor plate model with shell elements and the reinforcement type is "RC floor" is it not possible to use "bending + compression/tension" as illustrated above?

Thanks in advance,

Jesper

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Jesper

Will it disregard bending for all slab types i.e. it will only work for columns/beams?

This is setting for RC panels only with such reinforcement type assigned

Can you please expand on that answer?

?????? More precise question please.

For a floor plate model with shell elements and the reinforcement type is "RC floor" is it not possible to use "bending + compression/tension" as illustrated above?

There are many predefined labels in Robot, you can not edit them. If you want to make any change - just save such label under new name and assign to object(s).

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for you reply, I'll try to be more clear in this response.

Arthur mentions above that "For slabs you cannot use this option as it disregards bending.". The option I believe he is talking about is using the option of calculating reinforcement for shells accounting for bending + compression/tension for slabs. My question is then, what type of members can it be used for then?

If I have a plate model with shell elements and the reinforcement type is "TSL", where "TSL" is a user defined reinforcement type where I have specified using "bending + compression/tension" as illustrated above, is Artur then saying that this will not work as it will disregard bending? That is how I read his reply.

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Arthur mentions above that "For slabs you cannot use this option as it disregards bending.". The option I believe he is talking about is using the option of calculating reinforcement for shells accounting for bending + compression/tension for slabs. My question is then, what type of members can it be used for then?

It depens on loads \ forces in panels you want to consider in design. The choice is yours.

In general:

- slabs act mostly on bending so you should use "simple bending" ; in case you want to consider axial forces "bending + compression/tension"

- walls act mostly on compression \ tension so you should use "compression \ tension" (selecting this one is able to set one layer reinforcement in panel) but in case of bending in them use "bending + compression/tension"

etc

If I have a plate model with shell elements and the reinforcement type is "TSL", where "TSL" is a user defined reinforcement type where I have specified using "bending + compression/tension" as illustrated above, is Artur then saying that this will not work as it will disregard bending? That is how I read his reply.

"For slabs you cannot use this option as it disregards bending."  - I understand this as "bending must be \ should be used for slabs".

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report