Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifting Nodes & Displaying XYZ Coordinates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Sambrook
459 Views, 5 Replies

Shifting Nodes & Displaying XYZ Coordinates

Hi,

I am converting from another structural platforms so I'm unfamiliar with with Robot's capabilites limitations.

These may seem like very simple but please can you answer the following questions.

- How do I shift an individual node by a certain amount in the XY or Z direction?

- Is it possible to visually display the X,Y,Z coordinates next the node? Helpful when determining the straightness of a column or working out why a panel isn't possible.

- Is it possible to highlight several nodes and shift all a specified amount in the X,Y or Z direction?

- I would like to have a beam start a certain dimension from the top of the column. Apart from inserting a new node is there an easier way to do this?

Your help would much appreciated.

Richard

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Sambrook

- How do I shift an individual node by a certain amount in the XY or Z direction?

move.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

- Is it possible to visually display the X,Y,Z coordinates next the node? Helpful when determining the straightness of a column or working out why a panel isn't possible.

No.

You can check coordinates

- mouse over node - in Robot status bar

- right hand mouse menu (click on node) and select Object Properties

nodecoord.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

- Is it possible to highlight several nodes and shift all a specified amount in the X,Y or Z direction?

Yes. Make selection \ mutiselection and use Translate option (shown above)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

- I would like to have a beam start a certain dimension from the top of the column. Apart from inserting a new node is there an easier way to do this?

Insert new node by Division option (set data then click near top end of bar ; it works on selection also but it such case distance is considered from start node of bar(s)):

divdistance.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 6
Sambrook
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report