Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
andlund
297 Views, 3 Replies

Section definition

Hi,

I have done a new section with section tools. I have made a beam with a radius representing the welding between the web and flange, making it look like i HEA but with other lengths and widths. When I then run a calculation I see in the steel design view that a member stability check is not preformed. I wonder what is wrong and how to solve it? 

Regards,

Anders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: andlund

What is the shape type of this section in database?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/New-profiles-in-Section-database/m-p/3454604...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
andlund
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I'm using an I-section, the sixths below the question mark, I have another question. I have different width of the upper vs the lower flange but when i choose the I-section, new values of properties appear. Do I need to fill these ones out. Attached is i picture.

These are the properties if you wanna compare:

[mm]

Upper flange:

Width=550, thickness=22

Lower flange:

Width=350, thickness=15

Web=

Height=913, thickness=12

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: andlund

Whatever you select under question mark button while saving please open database, change section SHAPE TYPE  onto 95 and fill proper data in table part of Section Viewer window to get all of them (correct)  on display.

shapetype95.jpg

Results:

95res.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report