Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section check of Castellated Beams and other questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sonyablade2010
1129 Views, 3 Replies

Section check of Castellated Beams and other questions

Dear All, 

1. I would like to know is it possible to cross section check the built-up sections especially castellated beams. Because in RSA2012 it is not possbile to section check the castellated beams due to the code. If there was a work around for this I kindly would like to know it.
  2. What is the bracket tool for ? As a result we do have option to model the connnection as top/bottom haunch type and this also can serve as bracketing type. 
  3. How to modify the node sizes in views to make them more visible, the light blue ones.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I would like to know is it possible to cross section check the built-up sections especially castellated beams. Because in RSA2012 it is not possbile to section check the castellated beams due to the code. If there was a work around for this I kindly would like to know it.

There are several topic on the forum that describe how to code check user defined sections.

For the castellated beams the code checking in Robot is limited to Polish code onlyhttp://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/beams-with-castellated-web/m-p/3409237

What is the bracket tool for ? As a result we do have option to model the connnection as top/bottom haunch type and this also can serve as bracketing type. 

This allows you to get more accurate distribution of internal forces in a model.

How to modify the node sizes in views to make them more visible, the light blue ones.

Check: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Node-size/m-p/4918066

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Thanks,

>>This allows you to get more accurate distribution of internal forces in a model.

In order to fully benefit software features its crucually important to know its capabilities in special cases like this, Can you elaborate that topic a bit further? For example, does it modify the connecting elements stiffness matrices in that joint in order to represent rigid zone effect or something else? Based on your post I infer that its not compulsory but It'd be better for fine internal load distrubition mechanism if its used, right?

• How to set the same weld size for all connection types, it will save me a lot of time if I don't do it manually, setting for example 6mm for each editbox ?
  • How to unite two elements which share the same proerties, theres is a tool for division but there is no tool to join them beack other than undo?

Regards,

Message 4 of 4

In order to fully benefit software features its crucually important to know its capabilities in special cases like this, Can you elaborate that topic a bit further? For example, does it modify the connecting elements stiffness matrices in that joint in order to represent rigid zone effect or something else? Based on your post I infer that its not compulsory but It'd be better for fine internal load distrubition mechanism if its used, right?

If you add a bracket this part of the original bar (section) is replaced with a tapered I section of size which correspond to the size of the original section and original section plus the defined bracket end properties at its ends). 

• How to set the same weld size for all connection types, it will save me a lot of time if I don't do it manually, setting for example 6mm for each editbox ?

Currently there is no such option available.

• How to unite two elements which share the same proerties, theres is a tool for division but there is no tool to join them beack other than undo?

See http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/API-addin-for-merging-bars/td-p/3817730

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report