Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Definition problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rodainnajjar1229
689 Views, 6 Replies

Section Definition problem

Dear sir

i defined new section HHH & saved it to database , when i insert it into my model we have problem (kindly find pic 1)

best regards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Have you selected the section type saving it in the user database?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/STEEL-DESIGN-USER-SECTION-Different-Section-...

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

OK sir i selected the section type .but dim 220*220*20 but i filled all required dimension =1

but when i insert section in model i have good properties & results. just i want to now.

what dimension must i fill in pic2 ( kindly find attach file)  

regards

Message 4 of 7

The section properties are taken as calculated yet the selection of the section type determines the verification path (which formulas are to be used) and section class (slender, compact etc.) therefore you should enter the sizes of flanges (total thickness) and web. In the name you should fill in the first two fields. You can leave the other empty or type some numbers there as well.

BTW: try to select the whole section (CTR+A) and press the indicated icon before calculating the properties. In general that should be done for all sections build with parts.

PIC202res.jpg

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

thank you ... but there is something unclear ...kindly find  pic 3

and i have problem with anther section kindly find  pic 4.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/iNRkz9QF/pic_34.html

regards

Message 6 of 7

Pic 3:

The name is entirely up to you e.g. UCC203x203x100 or UCC203x0x10

I would enter:

h=181.2+2*(25+20.5)

tf = 25+20.5

tw and b as for the original section

Pic 4: 

The question you need to answer is how would I verify this section (as I section, pipe or perhaps a structural tube) and decide on the best matching one.

structural tube.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

thank you ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report