Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Reinforcement in all column

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
bparmar900
812 Views, 23 Replies

Same Reinforcement in all column

Hi All,

I am a new user of RSA 2013. When I am going to do design structure, It will give same reinforcement for all storey.

For the top most stoey it will give same einforcement as it will give for the bottom most storey.

I have given same load on all storey. I am using Indian Corcrete Design Code IS 456:2000 for design concrete member. Material is M25 for all.  

Thanks in advance.

BParmar

SVNIT

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
bparmar900
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi,

Thanks RG.

As per your video show I follow the step. But again I got same reinforcement in all column. i.e. on the top floor i get 3.24m2 reinforcement that same i got on ground floor. How can it possible? FX in all column decreasing fom bottom to top direction.

Please help me on this.

Message 22 of 24
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bparmar900

In your model (at the stage I have it, just 2 load cases , no combinations) besides whatever you want the minumum reinforcement will be used for all columns.

See below - in green - reinforcement area required by loads and geometry + min reinf limit from code book ; in red min reinforcement for such element 

2x4,5 + 2x2,7 = 14,40

minreinf19_187.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 23 of 24
bparmar900
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

i have model same case in other software (strruds) but it gives me the different result .i .e It gives me less area of reinforcement in top column compare to bottom most column.

in Robot it gives the same value for both. As displayed in previous pic.

The same i want that the reinforcement value for top column should be lesser than bottom most column.

Please guide me through this.

Thanks,

BRajput

Message 24 of 24
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bparmar900

It is not possible to use smaller reinforcement values than min reinforcement given by the codebook in Robot .

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report