Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLS combination

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Jorgew09
5739 Views, 22 Replies

SLS combination

When I'm trying to calculate required reinforcement for slabs, as well as beams. I get the folowing error: "Required types are not ascribed to SLS combinations. Calculations may be incorrect."

Whats wrong? 

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Jorgew09

Please check http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/sizing-slab/m-p/3280315/highlight/true#M2093

Focus on the massage 8 in particular.

Hope this helps.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 23
Jorgew09
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Still can't find whats wrong.

Message 4 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda

* Required types are not ascribed to SLS combinations

Please make sure that creating combinations you assigned the appropriate type as required by the RC design code you selected (see the attached picture).

slscomb.jpg

For emaxple : for EC code for SLS check you have to create \ use SLS:QPR combinations

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 23
TorgrimO
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I'd like to ask a question about this: If i choose SLS instead of SLS:QPR, what would the difference be in the result for a concrete slab and why? (Using eurocode with norwegian NA).

Message 6 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: TorgrimO

Live Loads factor are different in combination definitions

qprfac.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 23
TorgrimO

But if I define all the factors myself in the load combination table it won't matter which one i choose? Theoretically I can call it ULS? 

Message 8 of 23
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: TorgrimO

and then program assumes them as QPR for SLS check

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 23

Hi I'm having the same error message but I'm designing to British Standards rather than Eurocode so I don't have the option to set the combination to SLS:QPR (and presumably I'm not meant to). I'm using manual combinations. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could be the cause of the error message?

See attached pictures.

Thanks

Message 10 of 23

Are you sure you set BS not BS EN code for RC design?
Send us the file

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 23
Message 12 of 23

bsenc.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 23

How do I change that apart from in job preferences?

Message 14 of 23

Create new reinforcement label and apply it to panel

Rafal Gaweda
Message 15 of 23

Thank you 🙂
Message 16 of 23
Andyf88

Hello,

Can anyone help please?

I am doing the design of a slab in a similar way as described here.

1. When I do the design according the ULS the results for reinforcement seem to be fine (see the first figure below). But, when I do the disgn according the SLS I get reinforcement even at the bottom (negative) side of the slab under the column (see second figure below). Why does SLS give me reinforcement on that side, we do not get that usually as it is also backed up by the results from the ULS design?

2. Am I supposed to run both ULS and SLS at the same time? Because if I do that Robot gives me only the max reinforcement which is that from SLS.

ULS.png

SLS.png

Message 17 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Andyf88

Yes, you should include both ULS and SLS cases rather than SLS alone (but you may run reinforcement design for ULS only). 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 18 of 23
Andyf88

Do you mean like in the figure below?

You said :"you should include both ULS and SLS cases rather than SLS alone (but you may run reinforcement design for ULS only)."

The way given in the figure below means that I run design for both SLS and ULS, doesn't it? How do I run reinforcement design for ULS only? And which is the right way to do it - both SLS and ULS or separately?

ULS + SLS.png

Message 19 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

You said :"you should include both ULS and SLS cases rather than SLS alone (but you may run reinforcement design for ULS only)."

The way given in the figure below means that I run design for both SLS and ULS, doesn't it?

Correct.

How do I run reinforcement design for ULS only?

Leaving SLS case selection field empty.

And which is the right way to do it - both SLS and ULS or separately?

The prior one.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 20 of 23
Andyf88

Many thanks Artur.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report