Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot or Revit for Students

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fernan.cgf
228 Views, 1 Reply

Robot or Revit for Students

Hi everyone! I'm helping my teacher of “Structural Analysis I” and “Structural Analysis II” at my university and we are trying to make the students use the Autodesk programs so we have think that maybe they can check/control the results of the class exercises with Robot or Revit. We are talking about really basic stuff like geometric properties of a section and a low level of structural analysis.

Things like the one in the image that are very simple, the ABC of structural analysis and later we will also want to make then check more complex structures.

The problem is that in the first part of the curse they need to do some calculations without considering material or section of the structure and I don’t know how to do it in Robot or Revit, actually I don’t know if that’s even possible. The image shows a simple beam and a force in the middle, without any calculator we know that the reactions are only vertical but in the opposite direction of the force (F) and both of them are the half of the force (F/2) the point is that when things get more complicated they should check it with Robot and/or Revit but always that I use any of this program for real uses I use a material and a section and now I just don’t know how to consider just this.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Just assign the same material and section to all elements of a model (you have to assign them to be able to calculate a model in Robot). 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report