Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Structural Analysis 2012 - Design to Canadian Codes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TedArevalo
658 Views, 5 Replies

Robot Structural Analysis 2012 - Design to Canadian Codes

Hi, I just want feed backs from users about their experience with Robot in carrying out actual design of concrete, steel and timber structures to the Canadian Codes (ie CSA S16-09, A23.3-04 and O86-09).  Is it easy to use and reliable?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

yes you can perform analysis and design with ARSA by Canadian codes such as CSA-A24.3, CSA-S16 ,and NBCC 2005 et recently NBCC 2010, but for wood structure, aluminium structures the modules for the design are not completed yet, for RC structures deep beam and shear wall design in seismic area are not provided yet, even for the atomatic wind generation force for  building and tower antenna structures, the user must aopplied them manually.

You just have to choose your preferences for idiom , codes , materials and catalog to perform your analysis and design.

But the best way, to see it is to try.

I hope that the ARSA technical team will complete the design and analysis modules for canadian standard for the next versions.

I hope that my answer in may bad english will help you

Message 3 of 6

does anyone know if CSA o86 for wood structure has been added to Robot 2014?

Message 4 of 6

No, this code is not available in Robot 2014.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

Is there a reason why Autodesk would not incorporate this?  Is the Canadian market too small?   Is there a timeframe for incorporating?

Message 6 of 6

I'm sorry but I'm not in the position to discuss the plans for future versions of Robot. 

Please use this link to make suggestions that would make Robot better.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/idb-p/93

Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report