Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to Robot_ analytical projection of beams

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
inmafn
1457 Views, 8 Replies

Revit to Robot_ analytical projection of beams

Hi,

I have a problem when I export a revit model to robot. I have the analytical line placed in the top face of a beam, when I export to Robot, it places the beam centered with the analytical line, and not aligned with the top face. 

For example, I have placed the analytical line in Revit in the upper face of the top chords, because all the top flanges of the top chord have to be in the same plane. When I export the structure to Robot, it places the top chord centered on the analytical line, not the top flange (as I expected to), but the center of the profile, so the total height of the truss has been increased. 

It may be fixed placing the analytical line always centered in the profiles, but the top flanges wouldn't be in the same plane. 

Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Leader_Mohamed
in reply to: inmafn

you should differentiate between modeling an architcural model in revit and a structural one 

Structural model in revit, before sending the model to RSA, you have to adjust the analytical model for each column and each beam and make rigid links if you have eccentric load on a column

this is an example for your problem and how to solve it in revit before sending to RSA
http://screencast.com/t/o5sJMnnY 

Mohamed salah

Message 3 of 9
inmafn
in reply to: Leader_Mohamed

Thanks, it helps me. However, when I select the profiles that belong to trusses the text in the field of Analytical Alignment in the properties is in grey so I can't change it, It is blocked. At first i thought I would be able to edit it if I unpinned the profiles from the truss, but it doesn't work. 

You can see the problem in the image attached.  How can I do it? Thanks. 

Message 4 of 9
Mirko.Jurcevic

Have you tried using this option?

See attached image

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 5 of 9
inmafn

I have just tried. See the image attached. 

In the truss where I have defined the analytical projection in the top chord as top of the beam, when I export to robot with the options that are indicated in the image, the nodes are outside the chord. 

In the other chords I defined the analytical projection as Center of beam. 

Message 6 of 9
inmafn
in reply to: Leader_Mohamed

In my second try I didn't unpinned the analytical line, but the top chord of the truss. Then, when I turn to analytical model the top chord analytical alignment is editable, so I projected all analytical top chords to a level I created for it, independently of the position of the profile, and it works.  

Message 7 of 9
Mirko.Jurcevic

Nodes are not outside of a chord because display of offsets are turned on.

See attached images.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 8 of 9

Why don't you turn this option and see does your model looks the same or similar as in Revit.

See attached image.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 9 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda

Example : http://screencast.com/t/P6blxH3n

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report