Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit model to Robot Analysis program

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
teresa
500 Views, 5 Replies

Revit model to Robot Analysis program

Hi,

We have import a RC structure model from Revit.  However, we are experiencing some issues, below are our queries:

1. BEAM POSITION:

Firstly, we have tried entering the RC beams using different settings in Revit before exporting the information (i.e. We have set beams at same levels as top of slab, centre and bottom of slab).  However, when we import the model into Robot, in all scenario, the centre of the beams are imported as if they are at the centre of the slab. 

I understand we have an offsets option to fix this (Geometry - Additional Attributes - Offsets).  However, can you confirm is this a bug in the software or are there any ways to put in the correct beam levels when we exporting the model?? 

2. CONNECTION BETWEEN BEAM AND SLAB:

Secondly, how can you ensure the structural elements (i.e. beam and slab) are joined properly in Robot?  The beams seems to acting on its own (i.e. not connected to the slab properly) in the analysis results from the model.  We have used the JOIN options in Revit before exporting and it seems to be connected before exporting.  We have also ensure the beam starting at the correct node.

3. LOCAL THICKENING

Is there a way to enter local thickening (i.e. instead of entering as a beam) to the slab?  If so, can you tell us how to do that?

Appreciate if you could help us out on the above.  Thanks!

Teresa

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: teresa

Please send us Revit model to check.

(Keep in mind that robot imports analytical lines so check analytical lines locations in Revit model)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

3. LOCAL THICKENING

Is there a way to enter local thickening (i.e. instead of entering as a beam) to the slab?  If so, can you tell us how to do that?

Please check:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Column-head/m-p/3511404/

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 6
teresa
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Can you confirm your email address please?  Many thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

I understand we have an offsets option to fix this (Geometry - Additional Attributes - Offsets).  

ofdis.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

2. CONNECTION BETWEEN BEAM AND SLAB:

Secondly, how can you ensure the structural elements (i.e. beam and slab) are joined properly in Robot?  The beams seems to acting on its own (i.e. not connected to the slab properly) in the analysis results from the model.  We have used the JOIN options in Revit before exporting and it seems to be connected before exporting.  We have also ensure the beam starting at the correct node.

You are right, due to inaccuracies in model I suggest to enlarge model generation tolerance

tolter.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report