Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
kariz1384
258 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Truss

Hi,

There are some trusses in my project, which I have modelled in Revit (see picture)and now I am going to import it to Robot. But the problem is, when I define the sections, which should only take compression/tension as trusses in Robot, i get stability problem. I have searched the forum, there I found that I have to define columns as support, which is not possible in my project, because it is a 3D model. Furthermore I have used the Truss fuction to create the truss in Revit, hence chord is a single continues section, which will mean the it has different moments everywhere except the two ends of the continues chord. Is there any solution for these problem?

Thanks in advance.

truss.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I would leave chords as they are (continuous elements) and set diagonals and posts as truss bars. This should be fine to avoid any in-plane instability. I'm not sure how you defined out of the truss plain boundary conditions - perhaps that is the part you should look at?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report