Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Robot Link - Displaced Model

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SerhanB
451 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Robot Link - Displaced Model

Hi there,

Attached is a Revit model which I send to Robot and see that coordinates of resultant Robot model doesn't match with the originating Revit model. There is a fixed offset between models (X:4.31m Y:12.1m shown in the screen capture)

Axis and other building dimensions are correct but whole model is shifted. I believe this can't be the default behavior. Can you reproduce this issue or is there a problem with my setup? Thanks

http://share.stand.com.tr/public/44ae8c.php 

Revit.png

Robot.png

Serhan BAKIR
http://www.stand.com.tr/
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: SerhanB

In the current version of the link the defined spot coordinates are not recognized as the origin point of the global coordinate system in Robot. This pint is set in the location of the bottom left objects of Revit model instead (in your case the column).  I will register this as the develoment request.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
psynan
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi,

I've noticed that I have the same behaviour in v2016 of revit and robot!

Is there any ongoing development on this issue on new version?

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: psynan

Yes, it is. This is under investigation however there is one concern. The solver in RSA is sensitive to values of coordinates therefore if the option is implemented as "use Revit model base point as the reference" and somebody defined (in Revit) model 5 kilometers from its location (which happens as this point is not displayed in RST by default) then it would cause issues with model calculations in RSA. We need to find some smart solution to deal with this issue. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: psynan

psynan wrote:

Hi,

I've noticed that I have the same behaviour in v2016 of revit and robot!

Is there any ongoing development on this issue on new version?

There has been an improvement done for RSA 2017 Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6

Hi Artur,

What has changed since the 2017 version?

In the 2020 version the 0,0,0 of the model in Revit and Robot still don´t match. What I see is that model 0,0,0 in Robot is equal to the position of the first element modeled in Revit for the x and y directions, and equal to the base point project in the Z direction.

Thank you, 

Pedro Geraldes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report