Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results in table form for beams

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nipsu
696 Views, 6 Replies

Results in table form for beams

Hi everybody,

I would like to know how to get results in table form for beam elements.

I have attached a picture in which there are 3 simply supported beam.

When I ask for results in table form selecting Results>Forces for beam number 1 and 2 the bending moment My is zero, also when switching to "envelope" table it gives me zero.

Only for the third beam, which has been divided in 5 segments, Robot is able to insert in the table the results, but still are always the results at the end of the segments, not the maximum.

Is there any other way to get the right results? Due to the amount of combination is not possible, in the project I am doing, check manually the diagrams for all the combination, that is why I need tabled results, also to get which are the simultaneously forces or moments.

Thanks for the advise,

BR,

Nicola

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: nipsu

You need to display results in more than 2 points.

points along bar.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
nipsu
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Ok thanks for the advise.

In the attached case where the beam has not been divided extremly regurarly, but according with the meshes of the sourranding shell elements, what would you suggest as division points?

Section of the beam is 1500*1800mm, that´s why I have these unusual rigid links. 

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

points along bar1.png

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
nipsu
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Perfect, now tabled results are correct.

Very fast and effective,

thanks

Message 6 of 7
t.sautierr

One more precision about that :

Is it possible to define user point division "starting" from the end of the bar :

Let say I've got a list of basr and I want forces at 1m and L-1m (or 1m before the end)

As my list contains bars of different lengh .... even if I put 0.1L (relative) and 0.9L I'am not sur I will be around a meter from the support.

Spare question :

It  seems I can't extract enveloppe of the efforts for this points, only the effort list .... If want directly the enveloppe, do I really need to divide the bars before  the calcs with spare physical nodes in the model?

Thx

Message 7 of 7

You can define nodes (without dividing bars) 1m from their ends and then display results for calculation elements. Otherwise you can use API.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report