Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Reinforcement different from Provided Reinforcement

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stroxy
773 Views, 3 Replies

Required Reinforcement different from Provided Reinforcement

I am noticing that the forces (and hence reinforcement calc results) are different in the required reinforcement module and provided reinforcement module.  Is there a reason for this.  I have attached snapshots showing forces used in the2 modules for bar 396 (highlighted in red in the required reinforcement module).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: stroxy

Hi

Have you selected the same combinations for both design?

As far as I can see you are comparing different combination results

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
stroxy
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I chose my combinations as attached

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: stroxy

Stroxy,

Two points:

1. Actually your selection of loads for these two methods seems to be different. I assume that you selected manual or code combinations for the RC member theoretical reinforcement module and simple load cases for the RC Column design module. The latter results in allowing the program to create combinations itself based on the rules (regulation) you selected in Job Preferences.

2. Mind that the load/combination indicated as the governing one is the one that give the highest load/capacity ratio. As in the RC Column design module calculations of the column's capacity is done by checking the equilibrium of applied forces vs. generated reinforcement taking into account the exact position of each of the reinforcement bar rather than theoretical area of reinforcement it may happen that these two modules show different governing load case if the column capacity against each of them is similar.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report