Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
stroxy
1355 Views, 5 Replies

Repair mode

just wondering, if i open a file in repair mode, can i change the name to the original file in explorer, after deleting the original file, and access results stored in an external RT file?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: stroxy

Hi

I am afraid it may not work this way.

Repair mode compacts data file also so iternally the data file may not correspond to results file.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
peekkaa
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

What does opening in repair mode do to the file?
It seems to shrink the size dramatically. In one case the size dropped from 2 GB to 2 MB. In a few other cases the size reduced by about 90%. What info is lost?

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: peekkaa

2 GB file ?!!!
WOW - it is not recommended to save such big files.
Use from time to time "save as" selecting file type "rtd without results" and changing file name to compact the file.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
peekkaa
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Well, Robot warned about large results file, asked if I want to save the results in RT_-file. I answered yes. But seems to be so that it was not enough.

Now I have 0.5 GB of results, and 13 MB rtd-file (which was 2.3 MB right after opening in repair mode).

Checked 'Always save results in RT_'-file in preferences. Perhaps it helps in future.

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: peekkaa

Well, Robot warned about large results file, asked if I want to save the results in RT_-file. I answered yes. But seems to be so that it was not enough.

It should be. 

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report