Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforcement calculation issues

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
leoemmett12345
1397 Views, 15 Replies

Reinforcement calculation issues

Hello,

I am modelling a cylindrical liquid retaining reinforced concrete strucutre.  

I currently have two issues, (I am sure I will find many more!!)

firstly my base slab (13 in this case) gives the error message "incorrect reinforcement direction" I want it to be a two way spanning slab how do I change this?

Secondly, when trying to calculate the required reinforcement for pannel 1. I get the error message "indicated objects must be in the same plane" I have tried using edit -> detailed correct and then change it to the correct pannel orientation (see attached), however I still get the same error message. It is most frustrating! does anyone know why, because as far as I can see I have changed the plane..... 

also will robot have issues for calculating the reinforcement for my cylindrical exterior walls?

I have attached my robot file and also a screen shot to show how I have been trying to change the plane.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

firstly my base slab (13 in this case) gives the error message "incorrect reinforcement direction" I want it to be a two way spanning slab how do I change this?

It seems that you defined the direction of the main reinforcement as perpendicular to the panel.

For other points - you missed the attachments.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 16

It wont let me add the file as it is too large, can I email it to you?

Message 4 of 16
Message 5 of 16
Message 6 of 16

For panel 13 as I assumed you have to redefine the direction of reinforcement (see the attached picture)

For the export of the panel 1 to the RC Provided Slab reinforcement module: you have to redefine the panel as extruded ones are currently not supported. You need to define it as e.g. a vertical contour with 4 points.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 16

Thanks, ill let you know how it goes, 

Message 8 of 16

I have changed the panels to contours. Now I am having real issues with trying to apply the mesh. I started going with the coons with rectangular elements and that hasn't worked, since I have tried all manner of meshes all with no luck. Can you offer any advice? 

please see this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/aYarvaIr/ver3_anothermesh.html

thanks for your help. 

Message 9 of 16

Try to follow the steps shown on the attached pictures (starting with your original model).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 16

Hi thanks again, I have changed them but now I cant apply a thickness to some of my panels, Whenever I go to the panel properties and change it to TH500 it selects it then doesn't actually go through with the selection! I am sure it is some small thing that I am missing! Any suggestions?

http://www.4shared.com/file/VEAbiWCo/ver8pumps_3D.html?

Message 11 of 16

Try to use the dialog and apply the selected thickness label to the list of panels.

panel thickness.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 12 of 16

I thought it had worked, however it hasn't please see the attached screen shots. I have tried that method and another one to try and get it the walls to have a tickness all to no avail! Any suggestions? 

Message 13 of 16

The thicknesses of extruded or revolved panels are displayed in this way. Check the panels table instead.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 16

Thanks for your patience! 

Message 15 of 16

I have got my model working correctly now, I can calculate reinforcement for the internal walls. However the outer walls give the error message "Indicated objects must be lying in the same plane." 

How can I get robot to calculate the reinforcement for a curved wall?

Do I have to redefine the walls?

Or is there a way to select only one of the discretised parts of the wall?

Or should I re-draw the walls as separate pannels to makeup to equivalent of the discretised arc?

here is my file

http://www.4shared.com/file/MWejzNxc/ver_15_analysis.html?

thankks for your help

Message 16 of 16

Currently Robot is capable of generation of reinforcement distribution (provided reinforcement) for flat panels only. In other words you would need to create your outer wall as a number of separate flat panels and export them to the RC Slab provided reinforcement one by one.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report