Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced Forces on a several walls

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
faisal.aaouatif
588 Views, 5 Replies

Reduced Forces on a several walls

Good Morning / evening ;

Retrieving Values of Reduced Forces (NRx) on the bottom of a wall comes to make a integral value on its Nxx along the length cut . so all its bottom nodes are took into account.

But when having a series of walls connected between themselfs , there is a common nodes between theme at there bottom.

so the sum of reduced values obtained by the table "Reduced Results on a panel" should be (normally i guess) bigger that the reduced force obtained by doing a cut on these walls at once ( Menu - Panel cuts ).

explanation please ...

My need is to compute the reduced results on a serie off panels and columns by API , so i guess i have two methods to do it ( if there is anothers , they are welcome ) :

F1. Sum of Nrx and Mrz for each wall and column and reporting them to a given point.

F2. Gettin Nxx at the bottom of each node at the bottom of all walls and Fx of columns and reporting them to a given point

My fear is that the F1 >> F2 in some cases.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

so the sum of reduced values obtained by the table "Reduced Results on a panel" should be (normally i guess) bigger that the reduced force obtained by doing a cut on these walls at once ( Menu - Panel cuts ).

Reduced results accuracy depends on FE size:

redres.jpg

My need is to compute the reduced results on a serie off panels and columns by API , so i guess i have two methods to do it ( if there is anothers , they are welcome ) :

Maybe you are looking for stories results:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Robot_Structural_Analysis_Professional/enu/2014/Help/0048-User_s_G48/01...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

Good Morning / Evening ;

Ok , the difference seems to acceptable ...

for the second point , the goal is a little bit different [ just a set of walls and all of those at a given storie ].

Thank you

Message 4 of 6

Core Walls results ?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6

I guess that in order to define a core walls as a unique entity , they should be connected at there edges.

Alm i right ?

in my case i trying to get reduced forces by using a "frontal method" : getting reactions ( N, M ) at every node on the base of walls ( of any distribution ) and then reduce efforts to a given point ( case when i want to get reduced forces from a distribution of walls and columns to apply a to a Raft ).

Thank you

Message 6 of 6

I guess that in order to define a core walls as a unique entity , they should be connected at there edges.

Alm i right ?

No.

Try.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report