Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended system configuartion

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
353 Views, 2 Replies

Recommended system configuartion

Hi,

I'm working on a large shell model in Robot that has 140000+ nodes and 140000+ FE's along with around 1500 load combinations. The analysis is linear static analysis. I'm using a 8GB RAM and Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 64 bit operating system.

The analysis takes about half an hour to complete (which is good!). However, it takes more than 4 hours to plot maps or extract result tables, I believe it is because the model is huge and I'm ready to upgrade my system to whatever works well with this kind of model size. I have tried upping my RAM to 16GB but did not notice any considerable difference.

Please can you let me know what system configuration would suit this type of large models? At the pace Robot is displaying results now, I would miss the project deadline by a few weeks (if not months!).

Thanks in advance,

Susheel

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming that you don't need to display the results for the whole model at a time you may either display it for part of it displayed in the new window or for a table filtered to the current selection or divide the whole model into smaller parts and save them as substructures reducing the size of results 'linked' with them.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.
I would ideally have liked to view the results for a large part of the model at a time. Since this is not happening, I will try viewing results in smaller parts (though this means additional time/work)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report