Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading forces envelope of bars and section offset with Robot API

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
LuisCRodrigues
1581 Views, 9 Replies

Reading forces envelope of bars and section offset with Robot API

I'm trying to read the envelope of forces in bars from robot to excel.

I've made a macro that reads Fz, Fx and My in a predefined number of points of a bar for all cases.

Then I analyze all the values and make a report with the maximum and minimum values along as his position in the bar.

I still have two problems to solve:

1 - If the maximum (or minimum) value occurs in the bar in a position different from my predefined points, I don't get the value.

How can I get the maximum and minimum value of a force and his position in the bar?

2 - Some bars have his section with a offset and I want to read a moment like M=My+Fx*OffSet.

How can I get the offset of the bar?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@LuisCRodrigues wrote:

I'm trying to read the envelope of forces in bars from robot to excel.

I've made a macro that reads Fz, Fx and My in a predefined number of points of a bar for all cases.

Then I analyze all the values and make a report with the maximum and minimum values along as his position in the bar.

I still have two problems to solve:

1 - If the maximum (or minimum) value occurs in the bar in a position different from my predefined points, I don't get the value.

How can I get the maximum and minimum value of a force and his position in the bar?

Are you looking for RobotExtremeResultServer ?

If not you have to increase number of points and search for extreme values and their positions in your code.

2 - Some bars have his section with a offset and I want to read a moment like M=My+Fx*OffSet.

How can I get the offset of the bar?

Dim Off As RobotBarOffsetData
Dim OffEnd As RobotBarEndOffsetData

Set offlabel = Bar.GetLabel(I_LT_BAR_OFFSET)
Set Off = offlabel.Data

Set OffEnd = Off.Start
startnodeoffsetuz = OffEnd.UZ

Set OffEnd = Off.End
endnodeoffsetuz = OffEnd.UZ

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10

With RobotExtremeResultServer I get the maximum and minimum value.

But how can I get the position in the bar where those values occurs?

Message 4 of 10

Example code:

Dim ExtremeParams As RobotExtremeParams
Set ExtremeParams = RobApp.CmpntFactory.Create(I_CT_EXTREME_PARAMS)

ExtremeParams.BarDivision = 100
ExtremeParams.Selection.Set I_OT_BAR, BarSelection
ExtremeParams.Selection.Set I_OT_CASE, CaseSelection

ExtremeParams.ValueType = I_EVT_FORCE_BAR_MY

MaxValue = RobApp.Project.Structure.Results.Extremes.MaxValue(ExtremeParams).Value
MaxValuePosition = RobApp.Project.Structure.Results.Extremes.MaxValue(ExtremeParams).Position
MinValue = RobApp.Project.Structure.Results.Extremes.MinValue(ExtremeParams).Value
MinValuePosition = RobApp.Project.Structure.Results.Extremes.MinValue(ExtremeParams).Position

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 10

I've tried your suggestion.

I get a maximum value for My that is slightly superior of what I get in Robot.

Do you know why?

Is because BarDivision=100?

Other problem is that I'm getting MaxValuePosition=0. But I know that should be a value somewhere in the middle of the bar.

Am I missing something?

Message 6 of 10

In case of bar divided onto bar calculation elements during process of model generation It seems the position is given on calculation element instead of the real one.

Split such bar(s) onto smaller parts

div.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 10

And the other question:

"I get a maximum value for My that is slightly superior of what I get in Robot.

Is because BarDivision=100?"

Do you know why this happens?

Message 8 of 10

Programs itself has fixed number of discrete points along bar length for results presentation. Depending on module it can be 51 or 71 or 101.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 10

If I understand your explanation, in the picture below, I get MyMax=73.00 because program has fixed number of discrete points along bar length.

But it´s possible that between those points there can be a bigger value of My?

Robot.JPG

Message 10 of 10

In this example bar element is divided into several bar finite elements (calculation elements). In such case every bar finite element is "divided" for results presentation ( between 2 to 101 discrete points are generated along it). Number of such points is related to size of diagram, existence of extreme results on such element etc.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report