Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaction Mismatch - Check Val not equal to Zero

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PaulGrimes2282
882 Views, 4 Replies

Reaction Mismatch - Check Val not equal to Zero

In my model the check value in the reactions case is greater than zero - i.e. the sum of the forces is greater than the sum of the reactions by around 7800kN (out of a total sum of forces of 72600kN). i am also getting horizontal reactions with no horizontal forces applied which don't sum to zero, and huge moments about pinned supports.

I am getting some nodal instabilities as pre-analysis warnings which shouldn't be unstable - all have at least one point of fixity. I also had a couple of nodal instabilities at pinned supports, where i have now used fixed supports to get rid of the instability.

I can't attach the model file as it is too large - is there another place that i can upload it adn link to?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Try wetransfer.com or filemail.com

If not I will create ftp for you

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5

Message 4 of 5

1. Do not use kinematic links.

2. Use recommended meshing parameters and correct meshes

Take a look at message 3 in this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Structure-verification/m-p/3334637/highlight...

After correcting coherence of meshes I think you should remove releases from columns 952 1424 or define them properly not producing instabilities in model

COrrected model:  http://wtrns.fr/ospazeccgHWsNg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 5

Thank you so much for looking at this - I will have a check through the model ASAP - i'm off on holiday at the end of today, but will try and have a look before i go, otherwise i will have a look when i get back.

thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report