Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA 2014: Isolated nodes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Romanich
1738 Views, 9 Replies

RSA 2014: Isolated nodes

Hi,

I compared 2013 and 2014 RSA on a simple task. We have shell without the mesh and several nodes in plane on this shell. Calculation model was not generated.

node1.png

Then we start verification process and in 2014 version this nodes NOT marked as isolated.

2014:

node2_2014.png

2013:

node3_2013.png

It seems that in new 2014 version of RSA verification of model less useful than in previous versions. Is it possible to get back old one? 

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Romanich

In Robot 2014 the verification procedure is done differently depending on the fact the model generation has been executed or not. If not the 'simplified' check is done which reports only these issues that cannot be solved during the model generation (at this stage it is still unknown if e.g mesh generation or model consolidation cause these nodes to be 'attached' to the model). After the model generation the complete check is done. 

The 'two' step verification has been introduced along with the release of RSA 360. For the cloud solution the model generation is done in the cloud so that the first step is intended to prevent sending the definitely incorrect model for calculations.

The complete check of the model correctness can be done only after the model generation anyway.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
Romanich

Hi Artur and thanks for reply. Is it possible in this case to create an add-in for this check? Because very often we need to clean up model from any isolated nodes.

Roman Zhelezniak

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

The check is still there. All you need is to run the verification after generating the model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
Romanich

Artur, please try to repeat my example from the first post.

Roman Zhelezniak

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. As it is shell I assume that finally you want to mesh it. If yes, then for the verification without the model generation there is no warning about the isolated nodes (at this stage not known if they will be included in the 'final' model at e.g. the meshing stage). When you generate the model they become the part of the mesh so the 'final' verification detects them as belonging to the model (no warning again). Am I missing something?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10
Romanich
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

When you generate the model they become the part of the mesh so the 'final' verification detects them as belonging to the model (no warning again)

Yes, I want mesh the the shell, but I no need these nodes. This nodes is a garbage from deleted bars for example.

Roman Zhelezniak

EESignature

Message 8 of 10

I join to the request!

During modelling lot of nodes are generated for temporary (temprary pre-meshing, nodes left after deleted bar elements etc). They are totally not nedded and cause lot of problems during meshing. I understand new way of verification process but in that case it causes problems and critically slows down model meshing. I wish to have possibility to remove isolated nodes any time during modelling to avoid these problems. Of course verification process finds isolated nodes after calculations, but lot of not needed nodes are already included to the mesh making it more complicated. I see the only sensible way of solution:

1) Finding isolated nodes during verification any time as it was before (at the moment I did not find any sensible reason to work it as it has been implemented in 2014)

2) Nodes that have the nodal force applied should not be marked as isolated

3) Allow user to add parameter to particular nodes "not isolated", so will not be marked as "not isolated" during verification and can be used for meshing

At the moment we are modelling now structures and all of designers complain on this.

Regards,

Dawid

Message 9 of 10

Thank you for these remarks. I will discuss that change with the development team. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10
Romanich
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Problem solved in SP3. Thank you, friends!

Roman Zhelezniak

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report